September 19, 2020
In the last several weeks, we have monitored guidelines and best practices for gathering in a safe way. After a significant amount of prayer and preparation, we will resume in-person gatherings for all City First Church locations beginning Sunday, October 11!
We’re committed to creating an environment that meets government recommendations for safety. To make that possible, our weekend services have been redesigned to create a touchless environment that allows for physical distancing. This includes significantly reduced capacity and adjusted service times.
We are now offering both online and in-person weekend services and we welcome you to worship with us in the environment that you are most comfortable. We are excited to be meeting in-person again and we invite you to view the details below to learn more about what to expect when you arrive.
City First Church
Will we have City First Kids ministry in-person?
YES! City First Kids will be meeting during the:
- 11AM service at Spring Creek (Rockford, IL)*
Beginning Sunday, November 8th, City First Kids will be open for kids Birth – 5th grade!
- 11AM service at Cape Coral (Florida)
If you feel more comfortable bringing your kids into the auditorium with you, we encourage you to bring a tablet or phone with headphones so your children can watch our Elementary or Preschool worship and teaching experiences during the service!
- Drop-off and pick-up will be limited to one parent per household to reduce traffic in the kids’ areas.
- Children from the age of two years old and up must wear a face mask during service.
- Everyone entering the City First Kids Area will undergo a temperature check.
- Anyone with a 100.4-degree temperature or higher, or showing symptoms of sickness will be asked to worship with us online.
- No outside toys, food, or items are allowed inside the classroom, with the exception of diapers and bottles.
- Enhanced cleaning measures have been implemented throughout all City First Kids areas. All kids’ areas and toys will be thoroughly disinfected to ensure the safest environment possible for your family.
- During this time, we will have reduced classroom capacities for each of our preschool and elementary classes.
- All City First Kids Serve Team members will wear masks while serving.
What about Champions Club?
At Spring Creek: The ministry of City First kids will begin to re-gather in stages, including our Champions Club ministry for families who have children with special needs. Upon our church re-gathering on October 11th, Champions Club will not be meeting, but we look forward to seeing our amazing families in the near future. Thank you for your patience as we continue to prayerfully determine and execute safe re-gathering plans for all of the ministries of City First. We look forward to seeing you soon!
At Cape Coral: Champions Club will be available during the 11am service.
Are seating reservations required?
You will not need to reserve your seat. Seating will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Physically distanced seating is available in the auditorium with the assistance of the seating team. Our Main Auditorium at the Spring Creek location is the second-largest indoor auditorium in Rockford, smaller only to the BMO Harris Bank Center. We will open the entire auditorium so there is plenty of room for physical distancing. In the event auditorium seating is filled, we will have additional seating available around campus.
Are masks required?
At the Spring Creek location, our staff and serve teams will be wearing masks, and we ask that you do the same. In the State of Illinois, masks are required.
If you do not have a mask, we’ve got you covered!
What sanitation measures will be in place?
Our team has implemented additional cleaning measures that include frequently disinfecting surfaces and spaces as well as having sanitation stations available throughout our facility. Water fountains, cafés, and coffee stations will not be available at this time. All seat-back materials, papers, and pens will be removed.
Will Stuart’s Coffee Co. be open?
Stuart’s will not be open, but water bottles will be available in the lobby free of charge.
What if I don’t feel comfortable coming in person yet?
We completely understand, and we want you to feel comfortable. We invite you to worship with us online on the weekend or on-demand throughout the week. No matter where you worship from, you are a part of the City First Church Family!
If any of the following applies to you, please worship with us online:
- In the last 14 days, you have tested positive, been experiencing symptoms, or have a known exposure to COVID-19.
- If you are in a “high-risk” group, or you care for someone who may be at “high-risk” for severe illness.
Join The Conversation
We encourage you to continue to attend Online if you or a family member doesn’t feel well or if you’re just not ready to attend church at a physical location. You’re part of the City First Family no matter where you choose to attend!
Sundays at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 4pm, 6pm, & 8pm CST
On-demand available Sunday at 9pm
*Servicio en Español ya esta disponible en la pagina de YouTube.